Chapter 8: The Devil You Know – part 10

In his imagination Shane had killed Joon Ri dozens of times. Sometimes he’d bring her back just to kill her again. But in reality the woman lived. She was the monkey on his back, stomach, or any other part of him that she wanted. Between her knowledge about his screwed-up attachment to Harris and her physical hold on him, he was enslaved.

Initially Shane was stubborn. He wouldn’t seek Joon out until he was shivering and dry heaving. The problem was that his recurring “illness” was difficult to hide and scared Jacob. Consequently he swallowed his pride and reported to Joon’s quarters every other night like a drunk with the DTs.

After dropping off Jake at Harris’ quarters and managing to duck the bitch again, Shane mechanically walked to Joon’s door. He didn’t even notice the note taped to the keypad until his fingers touched it. Scowling, he ripped it off and read Joon’s precise lettering.

Change of plans, lover. Meet me in D24.

Love,
Joon

Mentally cursing the woman, Shane walked to the residence section on the other side of the complex. Some of the Triptych employees he recognized. Most he didn’t. He returned the greetings of the few who said hello. Mostly he wanted to get his damn fix so he could get back to figuring out what Joon had done to him. Then he could undo what she’d done and kill her.

D24 was one of many typical junior level living quarters. Shane grudgingly pressed the door chime button, feeling like he was reporting for detention.

The huge, naked black man who answered the door was quite the surprise. Shane tilted his head back to meet the man’s eyes. “Hi. Is Joon here?”

Joon’s soprano carried to his ears. “Ooh! Is that Shane?”

Shaka Zulu shrugged, tossing over his shoulder, “Dunno. Some skinny white guy.” Shane ground his teeth.

“That’s him!” Joon piped. Moments later she appeared beside Shaka, equally naked.

Shane looked from her to Shaka and back. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” Joon shook her head, smiling impishly.

This is your best fuck ever?” Incredulity colored the man’s voice.

Shane’s face flushed red. “Joon, dear, can I come in?”

“Of course.” She stepped back, tugging the Jolly Black Giant along with one hand.

Another way to kill Joon came to Shane as he stepped inside. A blur of orange caught his eye. He gaped at another naked person in the quarters: a plump, fair, redheaded woman. She waved cheerily, raking her eyes over him. “Fuck me,” he muttered.

“That’s the idea,” Joon grinned. She pulled his shirt out of his pants, then tugged it over his head. Shane tried to pretend that he wasn’t being stripped down like so much meat.

“Dude,” the man rumbled. “If you’re gonna keep up with Joon and Ginger, you’d better start working out.”

Shane glared at him, then at Joon, who was working on his pants. “Normally I do, but lately I haven’t been feeling up to it.”

Joon giggled as she motioned for him to finish undressing. Shane grudgingly obeyed. “That’s true. He’s been under the weather. Don’t worry, though. It’s not catching, and he’s got plenty of stamina.” She draped herself on him, which halved his withdrawal symptoms. Shane closed his eyes and sighed as his energy returned.

“Feeling better, baby?” Joon murmured, rubbing his back. His dick betrayed him by getting hard.

“I’d say so,” Shaka chuckled.

Shane opened his eyes to find the other man’s veritable quarterstaff raring to go. After ogling him or Joon or maybe both of them, Shaka ambled over to the redhead, who was sprawled on the pile of blankets and cushions on the floor of the living room. Since Shane hadn’t gotten nearly enough of Joon as he needed yet, he let her lead him by the hand to the others.

Joon gracefully sank down beside the redhead. Shane sat behind his pusher, wrapping his arms and legs around her. The more physical contact he had with the bitch, the sooner he could get the hell out of there. “Shane, these are my friends Ginger and Marcus.” He gave them a forced smile. “You’ll have to share me, okay, lover?”

“No problem,” Shane replied with absolute honesty. Then he turned to Marcus. “I’m not into guys.”

Marcus shrugged. “I’m not into you. No offense.”

“None taken.”

Shane left D24 four hours later sated and full of energy. If not for his control over his body he probably would have left exhausted. Joon was pissed at him for refusing to play gang bang with her and her friendsโ€””Sorry, but I’m just not up to it. See?”โ€” but he didn’t care… much. In 48 hours he’d care. Right now he felt good.

The first thing Shane did upon returning to his quarters was shower. Joon’s “friends” weren’t unattractive, but rolling around with two complete strangers? Ugh.

Showered and in clean, comfortable clothes, Shane started a pot of coffee and spread his notes and test results on the dining table. He’d pore over them to figure out what she’d done to him until 8 a.m. rolled around or sleep claimed him. Work was mandatory; sleep a luxury.

Tags: , , ,

18 Responses to “Chapter 8: The Devil You Know – part 10”

1. Heidi Cautrell November 17, 2009 at 8:31 am #

Poor Shane. What he did to Joon was pretty messed up, but damn is Joon going all out in her revenge.

I wonder what would happen if Joon did die?

• nancy November 17, 2009 at 9:16 am #

I love hearing sympathy for Shane, even though he is a bastid. :)

Eventually you’ll learn exactly what Joon did to him. From there you’ll be able to guess what would happen if she did die.

2. Kodes100 November 17, 2009 at 10:38 am #

I must be patient! I must be patient!
    Sorry – but I am dying here waiting for both Shane & Harris to start getting a “little” revenge. Hahaha!
    I love this tale.
    Thank you.

Kodes

• nancy November 18, 2009 at 9:15 am #

Wow, thanks! Vanessa and I are glad you’re enjoying SLB. We’ll keep the bad behavior coming. :)

3. ISIS November 17, 2009 at 11:58 am #

I think I know what she did…but I’m gonna wait till the truth comes out to see if i’m correct.

• nancy November 18, 2009 at 9:19 am #

Speculation is not only welcomed, but encouraged! Feel free to conjecture here, in the forum thread, or by email (nancy [at} strangelittleband {dot] com). If you guess correctly I’ll tell you, but you have to keep it a secret! ๐Ÿ˜€

4. daymon November 17, 2009 at 12:03 pm #

Well he has accepted his fate, now he is trying to change it so he isn’t stuck. When he finishes the other prism though Joon will be in trouble.

• nancy November 18, 2009 at 9:20 am #

Possibly before. *cackles*

5. Alexandra November 17, 2009 at 11:34 pm #

I think I know what she did too! Yeah, can’t wait til he and Harris are back on the same team again. And whatever happened to the witch people who stole a strand of his hair and were putting curses on them??? Are they still cursing? I’m finally all caught up since I’ve been away doing family stuff. :(

• nancy November 18, 2009 at 9:21 am #

Re: speculation, see my reply to Isis above.

The witches are still around and still have Addison’s, Jacob’s, and Shane’s eyelashes. No new curses or spells lately.

I’m sorry for all of your family stuff. Welcome back!

6. Echo November 18, 2009 at 12:44 am #

Been reading for awhile, but first time commenter. I’m lazy.

But I must pipe up now: Joon somehow fused his crystal into her body, then had her memory wiped, didn’t she? Something like that, it must be?

So… much… curiosity…

• nancy November 18, 2009 at 9:23 am #

Thanks for commenting, Echo!

I shall neither confirm nor deny your speculations publicly. See my reply to Isis above for more places to conjecture about Joon’s methods. :)

7. Sora November 18, 2009 at 12:29 pm #

Lol. Shaka Zulu.

I have no idea what’s going on, but I can’t wait until it’s all complete.

• vanessa November 20, 2009 at 11:40 am #

It’s going to be a fun ride all the way to the end, promise!

8. leash November 18, 2009 at 11:58 pm #

wow oh wow…i cant wait 2 see what happens this story is so freakn addictive…lol joon is a lil bxtch though….i kinda want 2 see a showdown between her and harris lol now that would be interesting!!lol

• vanessa November 20, 2009 at 11:41 am #

Thanks for the kind words. We’re out to create a world of SLB addicts. ๐Ÿ˜€

As for a showdown between Joon and Addison … eep! Scary thought!

9. Jerry February 11, 2010 at 11:42 am #

Grammar Nazi here! In the last paragraph, “He’d pour over them…” should be “He’d pore over them…”
    Love the story. Been gone a while but back on-line now :)

• nancy February 11, 2010 at 2:02 pm #

Thanks for catching that, Jerry. Welcome back! :)